1. ABOUT THIS POLICY
The TISAtech Limited, (“we”, “us”, “our”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy . “you” and “your” means any natural or legal person who uses the website and each entity on whose behalf they act.
We are required by law to be fair in notifying individuals on how their information will be managed and to inform them of their rights. But more than that, we want to be transparent, open, and ethical in our practices.
Our site contains links to the websites of various third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these.
This data protection policy provides information on how we use personal data relating to our prospective and existing customers, our partners and other individuals we do business with (also referred to in this notice as ‘you’), including
- TISAtech members and non-members;
- TISA members and non-members (TISAtech is a wholly owned subsidiary of TISA);
- subscribers to the TISAtech newsletter and any associated communications;
- project participants;
- complainants and enquirers;
- industry contacts
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 (“the Act”), the data controller is TISAtech Dakota House 25 Falcon Court, Preston Farm Industrial Estate, Stockton On Tees, United Kingdom, TS18 3TX.
2. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you (including without limitation):
Name, address, email address, telephone number, employer, position, login details/passwords, personal description, photography, financial information, direct debit mandates, bank account details and credit card for invoicing, IP address, dietary requirements and any other relevant information relevant to specific TISAtech activities or events.
2.1 Information that you give us
You may give us your identity and contact data either by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise.
This includes information you provide when you register to use our website, become a member, book for TISAtech events, post material, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, request further services, and when you report a problem with our site. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
2.2 Information we collect about you
As TISAtech membership is business to business, your contact information may be provided by your employer as the responsible person for an activity related to provision of TISAtech membership or other services.
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders;
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
2.3 Information we receive from other sources
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case any data collected may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We may also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
3.1 What Are Cookies?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a site and allow a site to recognize your device.
The cookies are set and controlled by 2112 Communications.
For more information regarding the cookies set by 2112 Communications please refer to their cookies policies: https://www.2112comms.com/cookie-policy/.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
We may use information held about you (information that you give to us, information we collect about you and information we receive from other sources) in the following ways:
4.1 Information you give to us
We may process information that you give to us:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you or your employer and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure the security of our website and services, maintaining back-ups of our databases and communicating with you and record-keeping;
- for the purposes of offering, marketing and selling relevant products and/or services that we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those that were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data;
- for the purposes of supplying goods and/or services that we may from time to time advertise and sell through our website, and keeping proper records of those transactions;
- to analyse the use of the website and services; and
- in general, we may process any of your personal data with the purpose to comply with our legal obligation.
- Information you give us may comprise of:
- information in your website profile, which may include your name, address, telephone number, email address, employment details, financial information and any other information required for the provisions of services that you requested from us;
- information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us, including any metadata associated with the communication, where applicable.
4.2 Information we collect about you
We may process information that we collect about you:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and/or secure;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about services that may interest you or them;
- to collect broad demographic information for aggregate use; and
- in co-operation with your internet provider, to identify you if we feel it is necessary to enforce compliance with our terms or use or to protect our service, site, users or others.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
5. WHY WE USE YOUR DATA – LEGAL BASIS
5.1 Legitimate Interests
This applies to member and non-member data. In most cases, we process your personal information for the purposes of pursuing our legitimate interests as a business. Those interests include the efficient operation of our business; maintaining standards of service for our members; the protection of our business and to benefit the Industry as a whole. We consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests.
Where we send direct marketing material via email to non-members we have applied the legal basis of consent to also comply with direct marketing regulations as set out in the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR). Consent can be withdrawn at any time.
5.2 Legal Obligation
TISAtech processes personal data which is necessary to comply with its legal obligations. This includes but is not limited to statutory bodies.
6. WAYS IN WHICH WE MAY CONTACT YOU
TISAtech may contact you by post, telephone (including by text), fax or email in connection with the purposes outlined above. If you change your mind about being contacted in the future, or the methods by which we may contact you, please let us know by contacting us at our contact details set out below.
7. STORAGE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We have in place technical and internal compliance procedures for all personal data from the point of data collection through to the point of destruction. We ensure that appropriate measures are taken against unlawful and unauthorised processing of personal data and against the accidental loss or damage to personal data.
The data that we collect from you is hosted and stored by our main information systems at sites that are located within the European Economic Area (EEA) and accessed by TISAtech employees or our supplier in the European Economic Area (EEA). Such employees maybe engaged in, among other things, the provision of services to you, the marketing of your products and designs, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
By submitting your personal data, you acknowledge that any personal data that you submit for publication through our website or services may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use (or misuse) of such personal data by others.
8. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR DATA
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- our event organisers;
- our training providers;
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you; and
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if TISAtech or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of TISAtech, our clients, customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- in respect of limited attendance meetings and other events you are present at, for example in connection with minutes of such meetings and events, and generally provide attendee details to speakers at our events;
- In TISAtech events such as TISAtech conferences, briefings and any TISAtech events hosted online. This information may not be used by sponsors for marketing purposes;
- if it is necessary to do so to respond to any matter you raise with us; and/or
- if required by law.
Third party providers we share with and that your data will be processed in are:
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at [email protected].
9. RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We will retain your details for as long as they are necessary and compliant with our legal obligations under the Regulations.
Your rights under the Regulations:
Individual’s rights are qualified (meaning they may not have these rights at all times, or in all circumstances), but generally speaking, individual’s rights include:
- the right of access or to obtain a copy of their information;
- the right to correction or updating;
- the right to complain (to both TISAtech and the regulator);
- the right to object, block or put on hold processing;
- the right to be forgotten;
- the right of data portability to another provider;
- the right to be compensated for damage or distress;
- rights related to automated decision making (machine-based judgements).
If you want to exercise one of these rights, please get in touch at: [email protected].
Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
From time to time we will review this document, when we make substantial changes to our processes or procedures and systems, or if laws and regulations change.
We will update the notice here and make reasonable efforts to contact and update those affected if the changes are substantial in nature.
Or in writing: TISATECH LIMITED incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 12699835 whose registered office is at Dakota House 25 Falcon Court, Preston Farm Industrial Estate, Stockton On Tees, United Kingdom, TS18 3TX (the “Company”).
12. FILING OF COMPLAINTS
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues: www.ico.org.uk.
We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.